Sunday 16 June 2019

The Branford Boase Award 2019

The Branford Boase Award - The short list for the Branford Boase Award 2019 has been announced. The Award is made annually to the most promising book for seven year-olds and upwards by a first time novelist. Importantly, it also recognises the work of the editors also. Links to the seven novels nominated can be found on the website. They also include a Q&A interview with each debut author and editor which I found particularly insightful and interesting to read covering topics such as the relationship between writer and editor, the editorial process and where the writer gets inspiration for their book ideas plus plenty of tips and advice thrown in. The seven novels short listed cover a range of genres from historical fiction to fantasy adventure and all seven are definitely now on my reading list. One piece of advice that stood out for me when talking about fantasy adventure was to 'know your world inside out' as it relates to some ideas I'm working on at the moment. The website also has a link to Q&A interviews for those shortlisted for the 2018 award. The winner will be announced on the 27th June and I wish everyone the best of luck. Now I'm off to create my world....

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome and appreciate your comment.