Tuesday 17 December 2013

My story With Matchsticks Not Money in The Linnet's Wings Winter 2013

I'm delighted to say that my short story With Matchsticks Not Money has just been published in the Winter 2013 issue of The Linnet's Wings here

I wrote this story a number of years ago, and it's one I have worked on over and over, and come back to time and again. I wanted to write a story about a difficult relationship between a mother and daughter. The veterinary idea came to me because my husband is a vet, and I lived that life for many years of answering the phone to large and small animal clients.

My Mum read the story once, and then asked if she was like the mother character in it. That hadn't occurred to me when I gave her the story to read. No, it's fiction. That pleased her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome and appreciate your comment.